#PPWC2014 Top Ten
April 24-27...the Pikes Peak Writers' Conference. In honor of an amazing time, I've compiled a Top Ten List ala David Letterman.
The Top Ten Reasons why Pikes Peak Writers' Conference is the absolute best:
10. The electricity and excitement of the registration hour as writers from all over the country gather for the conference and old friends reunite.
9. The free coffee station offered by the fantastic Marriott...and for the coffee snobs--the Starbucks at the bar.
8. The friendliness of the Delve Writing folks, smiling from their table. And Finn!
7. The gentle dismemberment of our precious and brilliant works in the read-and-critique sessions.
6. Wearing cogs on our togs for the Friday night dinner!
5. The pre-pitch nerves that lead you to attend the practice speed pitching workshops which, in turn, results in a newfound confidence. And despite that confidence, the paralyzing fear that finds you in the elevator on the way to the seventh floor--either because of the impending pitch or the worry that the elevators will get stuck.
4. The mad dash in the ballroom to find the person-of-choice to sit with in hopes of a casual pitch...but not being able to hear a word said at the table.
3. Gleefully spending way too much at the Bookstore.
2. The amazing staff and faculty who have poured much of their lives and souls into making the Pikes Peak Writers' Conference a top-notch experience.
1. Aaron Michael Ritchey and his DSM-IV for writers at conference.
In all seriousness, this year's conference was truly wonderful. From the talented attendees to the invaluable staff at the Marriott to the dedicated staff of PPW to the knowledgeable faculty and keynotes, the collective genius could have taken over the world. Instead, we're all just creating brilliant works that will live on forever.
What a blessing to be part of you all. Thanks for an unforgettable PPWC2014.
4/27/2014 03:37:05 pm
It was a great conference! Thanks so much for all you did throughout the weekend and helping with storage transport.
4/27/2014 03:41:48 pm
Absolutely my pleasure, Shannon! I adore this group and the conference.
4/27/2014 11:50:38 pm
It was great - writers becoming family - workshops - spending too much in the bookstore - adding to the required reading list - new friends on FB and Twitter. FUN! And Ashley's smiling face through it all.
4/28/2014 12:22:01 am
I totally agree! And I was smiling because it was such a blast! I enjoyed getting to know you better, Jax. Looking forward to the year ahead!
4/28/2014 01:32:02 am
Thank you so much, Ashley, for helping me not be too nervous. Your smile just lit up the room! Hugs!
4/28/2014 01:28:55 pm
Aw, Darby...'twas a pleasure! I really couldn't tell you were nervous. So poised! I'm glad we were paired up!
4/28/2014 01:20:39 pm
Me? #1? OMG! Thanks, Ashley! The check is in the email. And how come I've never met Darby Karchut? That needs to change!
4/28/2014 01:30:21 pm
Dude, you rocked it. You were fabulous! I appreciated you providing the much needed laughter. Can't wait 'til next year!
Leave a Reply.
Award-winning sci-fi author * Christ follower, wife, and mom * broadcast content producer. And yes, I am a real duchess. http://amzn.to/2eLTlH3